Every, yes EVERY client who we have worked with who has achieved their weight loss goal has had these 5 characteristics. Take good inventory here. Is this YOU?
1. They are consistent: What does that mean? It means are you hitting your daily process goals 26 days or more per month? All of our clients have access to a “consistency calendar” where they track their daily goals. The successful ones are hitting those goals 80-90% of the time.
2. They are patient: “Josh, I have been doing this hard for 2 weeks and I do not see major improvement.” Guess what? You need to commit to a minimum of 3 months and for many of you this will be a year long process. This is why you must ‘fall in love” with this process and realize there will be good days and bad days and you will need to learn to bounce back.
3. They are accountable: This may be the most powerful part of hiring a coach. You have someone to be accountable to. Now, this is not judgement, this is not someone making you feel bad if you have some off days. This is nonjudgmental accountability. We all need it, me as well.
4. They have support: Either they have a friend they are doing this with or a supportive spouse, all successful people have a strong community encouraging them along the way. I truly believe all great achievements are a communal effort, that includes weight loss.
5. They build in a sustainable process: Did you know that 80% of people who lose 20 lbs or more gain it back? Why? Because they do not build sustainable habits they can stick with over time. They crash diet or they follow some fad and lose weight but cannot keep if off. I say this all the time, if you lose weight and gain it back then NO, that diet did not work for you.
How can we help you?